The Stir Station efficiently handles beakers and other containers as small as 50 mL and as large as one liter (800 mL practical capacity). It works efficiently with beakers with a wide range of sizes and shapes of magnetic stirring bars.
- Uses a closed-loop speed control, thus making it easier to fine tune its stirring speed (50–1250 RPM).
- The stirring platform is lit with three cool, white LEDs. The LEDs are positioned beneath the stirring platform to provide excellent lighting of a glass container of liquid.
- Includes a removable 18″ ring stand post conveniently positioned and affixed to the stirrer base, at a distance that will easily accommodate most buret or utility clamps.
- Runs on either AC power (adapter included) or four C batteries (not included).
- Is sufficiently robust to operate most common-sized magnetic stirring bars or a Vernier Microstirrer.
- Has a chemical-resistant plastic stirring plate.
- 25.0 x 10.0 x 5.0 cm, 460 g (without batteries).